Translate

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Piggy Bank Challenge.

I saw this on Daffycat and went over to Val's Quilting Studio and decided to try the Piggy Bank Challenge!  Just a way to save pennies and have fun at the end of the year.

I'm going to do mine a little differently, though.  I am handicapped and don't get out much.  DH does all my errands and grocery shopping for me (bless his heart).  So I have my checking account et al on paper... well really on the computer.  Excel is WONDERFUL!  When he brings the receipt, I round it up to the next dollar amount and put the change in my 'digital' piggy bank.  I am an avid cross stitch collector.  Just wish my stitching would keep up with it!  LOLOL.  So that's what I am doing.  I'm excited.

Have a great day y'all!
Cathryn

5 comments:

Joyce Clark Frank said...

I have a cash cow bank that I put any left over change in. I don't keep up with it, but plan to check it out and the end of the year.
It will add up.

Pauline said...

A virtual piggy bank is a great idea, might have to adopt this!

Iris said...

I have a canvas bag in our bedroom that DH and I put all our lose change in. I almost never spend any change when I shop just so I get change back. We use it as spending money on vacations.

Daffycat said...

That is an awesome way to save, Cathryn! Great thinking!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Hi Cathryn. Love your idea and it's time to add up your savings and share with us this week...how much and what you'll treat yourself to. :)